Inspection & Rating Process
Pre-owned grading system
We are using our own grading system, offering an option for every need and budget. It is based on the grading of other key buyers and sellers. The table below provides a reference to other grading systems in use.
The grading system criteria are used whether buying or selling cameras or other equipment. All ratings are made by no-digital’s top-rated technicians and all equipment is guaranteed to work (except for ‘As Is’)
“NEW”, as packaged by the manufacturer complete with manufacturer’s warranty. Not previously owned or used by a consumer.
“OPEN BOX” means the equipment is 99 to 100 percent of NEW. Items include original box and instructions.
“LIKE NEW,” the rating of the equipment is at 97 to 99 percent of original condition. Only the closest inspections will reveal slight wear. Perfect glass, but the box and accessories are usually not included.
Like new —
“EXCELLENT” rates 90 to 96 percent of original condition. Exceptionally nice but may have slight wear on finish visible only under close inspection. Glass will be very clean.
“EXCELLENT MINUS.” 80 to 89 percent of original. Shows moderate wear for the age of the item, with the possibility of small dings or blemishes. Glass may have slight blemishes but will not affect picture quality.
Priced to sell, “GOOD” items are 70 to 79 percent of original condition. More than average wear for the age of the item, and may have dents, dings or finish loss. Glass may have marks or blemishes but should not affect picture quality.
The look only a photographer would love. “ACCEPTABLE” means equipment is rough, with multiple impressions in metal, excessive finish loss and brassing. Glass will have marks, fungus and/or haze which will affect picture quality
“AS IS” means useable for parts only. Equipment may or may not work. No warranty or return privileges.
- clean the product and visually inspect the item for any wear, damage and dents
- install lenses and confirm all function indicators light up
- check shutter, shutter speeds, mirror-box functions
- make sure film advance and film counter work properly
- attach a lens and check meter and focus
- attach a flash and check hot show and flash sync along with self-timer
- make adjustments to all on board systems and confirm they work properly
- assign a grade according to our grading system
- and write a brief description of their findings